Eat Korean Cuisine at University of Indonesia

Sunday, August 28, 2011

It’s something that make me surprise when I visited my faculty at University of Indonesia for the first time. Yeah, there’s Korean restaurant!



They just name their restaurant as RESTORAN KOREA. That’s it. They have a lot of menus that is offered. They have kimbab, twaegim kimbab, bulgogi rice, bibimbab, sundubu, jeon, kimchi, teokpokki, rapokki, teokkochi, etc.

One day, me and my sister visited this restaurant. We ordered Twaegim Kimbab ( Fried Kimbab ) and Jeon ( like a pancake, but salty ). We didn’t have a long time to wait for our order. While we waited for the food, we were enjoy by some Korean celebrity posters which are sticked on the wall and Korean popular.
Voila, our Twaegim Kimbab and Jeon were served!


The left is Jeon and the right is Twaegim Kimbab. One portion of Jeon was cut into 8 pieces and one portion of tawegim kimbab consisted of 14 – 15 pieces. They served with soyu ( salt soy sauce )
The jeon is special. Because it contains of chili, beef, squid, and vegetables. I really love this one. It’s not too thick and it’s not the thin. One portion can make my tummy full!
Twaegim Kimbab is the unique one. Actually it’s just a regular kimbab, but they coated it with egg and fried it. So the kimbab was served hot and delightful.




I have visited this place with my friends too. My friends ordered Shin Ramyeon, tteokpokki, sundubu, and bulgogi rice.


This Shin Ramyeon is just an ordinary one. Served with vegetables and egg. Not so special. But if you are noodle lover, you can taste it.



Then, tteokpokki. This tteokpokki is served with veggies and boiled egg. Honestly, I don’t really like gochujang taste. So tteokpokki is not my favorite :(
=
This food is sundubu. One day, I read a book that explain about Korean food. I found Sundubu. It explained me that Sundubu is a spicy seafood soup. But in this place, there’s just Tofu, veggies, and Kimchi with a hot soup. Hmmm so where’s the seafood ??


This is Bulgogi Rice. It’s served with Kimchi and Nori Soup. I love the taste of the bulgogi, but just the number of the meat are not so many. So the onion dominated it. Bulgogi is saute too with veggies and sliced chili. Great taste!
From those lovely menus, one thing is unfortunate. The price is not so reasonable with student’s pocket. The price range is from IDR 22.000 – 35.00 per food. So students can’t enjoy Korean foods oftenly.
But still you should try if you want to compare it with another Korean restaurant. Maybe it can put to your list to visit.

Find them at :

Social Politic Science Faculty of University of Indonesia
Depok, West Java, Indonesia
photo credit : my personal photos and from many source

0 comments:

Post a Comment